He says they met in 7th-grade science class. She says it was high school. Wherever it was, they were fast friends. When Spencer left on his mission they started writing and by the end of his 2 years away, Belen realized that he was her best friend. She could tell him anything.
When Spencer got home from his two-year mission trip they began dating and nothing felt more natural. They share the same sense of humor and love of food. Spencer surprised Belen when she was at the aquarium with her family. On one knee in front of the penguin display he told her that she was his best friend and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He asked her to be his wife.
She said yes.
Family, bystanders, and penguins rejoiced.
1. He has a big heart and wears it on his sleeve.
2. He’s funny, well-spoken, and I consider him one of my best friends.
3. He loves Belen and seeing them together during our session, so happy, so in love, made my heart sing.
1. She’s beautiful and intelligent.
2. She’s funny, and playful, and perfect for Spencer.
3. My brother deserves the absolute best and she qualifies for the spot.
I’ve watched my brother grow older longing for someone who will care, love, and support him and then Belen came into his life. I am truly thrilled for both of them and I cannot wait for their wedding this August! I’m so excited to have Belen as my new sister!
Their Engagement session took place in downtown Salt Lake city on rooftops, in alleyways, and in front of trax using natural light. We took photos in front of bars and downtown markets and were serenaded by tramps and street performers.
“He’s my best friend. Spencer makes me really happy. He’s the best and I wouldn’t want to spend the rest of my life with anyone but him.” -B
“She’s my end and my beginning. She is my best friend. I can’t wait to be around her even more, wake up with her, and go on adventures with her” – S